|Pre-requisites: HR Admin OAS Training|
HR Review of Nominations
Local Staff Awards Coordinator
HR Admin Access
HR Review of Submitted Nominations
HR must review each nomination once the nomination has been submitted by the nominator and signed by the USDH Supervisor (as applicable). You can view nominations in the Pending Review tab under the HR Area.
- Go to the left hand menu options under HR Area.
- Click the Pending Review tab to generate a list of all nominations submitted to HR.
Example of unfiltered Pending Review list.
When Pending Review is selected, all the nominations will appear in this queue. To reduce the amount of awards shown at once, you can filter the list by the awards cycle and/or by anytime or annual awards.
To filter by the awards cycle, click the Cycle dropdown menu and select the applicable awards cycle. Note that when filtering by cycle, you can only select one cycle. The list can also be filtered in two categories of award types, Anytime or Annual awards. You can select only one of the buttons in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Choose All to view all types of awards, Anytime or Annual. It is important to note that you can filter lists by Cycle and Anytime or Annual awards simultaneously.
To view a nomination, click on the Pending HR Review button in any row on the list. Each pending nomination will have this button available.
Once the nomination has been opened, you can make changes to the submitted nomination. You will not be able to change the Nominator information.
You can edit the submitted nomination from this screen. You will be able to change the reason and type of award, view the history of an employee, edit an employee’s job title, remove an employee, and edit justification/citation. You must specify the cycle for annual nominations and enter a recommended amount for cash or time off awards. You can modify all the highlighted fields as shown below.
Reason and Type:
To change the Reason and Type of award, click one of the links directly under the header. A pop-up box will appear and from this screen a new reason and type of award can be selected.
You can choose one or more Reason for Award and then choose the Type of Award Recommended. Once the selections are made click, Ok. (Note: if Other is selected as the Reason for Award, a mandatory comment box will appear and must be filled out to proceed).
You may find a reason that a nominee is ineligible for an award and needs to be removed from the nomination. It is possible for you to remove one or more nominees from a group nomination. Click the red icon on the right side of the nomination under the Action column. Once this icon is clicked, the nominee is permanently removed from the nomination.
Modify Justification and/or Citation:
You can modify or add text to the justification and citation as needed. This can be done once the nomination is opened from the Pending HR Review tab under the HR Area.
You can move the nomination from the Pending HR queue by using the action buttons located at the bottom of the nomination.
After reviewing the nomination you will be able to route the nomination using the following action buttons. The action buttons which appear will depend on the type of nomination being reviewed.
Annual award buttons:
Anytime award buttons:
- Send to JCAC: Routes the annual nomination to the JCAC for their action.
- Select Approvers: Routes the anytime nomination to the selected approvers.
- Save: Allows HR to save their changes and come back to the nomination at a later time. The nomination will remain in the HR Pending Review queue until further action is taken by HR.
- Request Rewrite: Routes the nomination back to the nominator for edits.
- Reject and Archive: HR can reject this nomination and archive it. This stops the process for the nomination and it is routed to the Disapproved queue.
- Close/Cancel: Closes the nomination without saving any changes. The nomination remains in the HR Pending Review queue.
- Notes: The approval process for Anytime awards is different from Annual awards. Anytime awards do not have to be assigned to an awards cycle nor do they have to be routed through a JCAC for approval. Specific approvers are identified to expedite the process of Anytime award approval.