Copy the Tool to your local PC
1. Download the offline check-in tool (ZIP)
2. Copy the “econtact-offline-checkin-application” zip folder to the PC/Laptop you will be using as your central data server/
3. Extract the zip file to your desktop or other select location.
Start the Server:
1. Open the eContact Offline Check-In Tool located in the folder you extracted in step 3 by double clicking the “econtact-offline-checkin-server.exe” application.
2. If the following warning appears, you will have to allow access to the application on your network:
3. The server should now be running!
To upload your event data to the server, please see our How do I get eContact event data in & out of Offline Check-In? guide.
Check in with the Client
1. On the client device, open the browser
2. Enter the server's check-in web address into the browser
Custom Port: The web address includes a custom port :8080 that must be included for the client to be able to access the server.
*NOTE* If you don't know the web address, the server's check-in web address web address can be found on the server interface under the header "Server Web Address"
You can also scan the QR Code with a supporting app and open the link in the browser with the supporting app
3. The Check-In client should now be displayed in your browser window
Chrome Browser Example:
4. If you are going to be checking in from the save device as the server, the server has a link in its navigation that will open a new check-in client directly.
This will open the following Check-In Client:
That's it! You can now start checking in your clients!