- Topics Covered
- Installing Offline Check-In
- Starting the application
- Checking a client
- Target Users
- End Users
- System Administrators
- Required Permissions
Download and Install the the Offline Check-In Application
Offline Check-In is now a full fledged application that is able to be installed like a standard program. It creates a desktop and windows start menu shortcuts for easy access.
2. Run the Offline Check-In executable (.exe) to install the application.
Note: If the following warning appears, you will have to allow access to the application on your network so the clients can connect to it:
Start the Application:
1. The application will start automatically after installing but you can always access it using the desktop shortcut or opening it from the windows start menu
2. The Check-In server should now be running!
To upload your event data to the server, please see our How do I get eContact event data in & out of Offline Check-In? guide.
Check in with the Client
1. On the client device, open the browser
2. Enter the server's check-in web address into the browser
Custom Port: The web address includes a custom port :8080 that must be included for the client to be able to access the server.
*NOTE* If you don't know the web address, the server's check-in web address web address can be found on the server interface under the header "Server Web Address"
You can also scan the QR Code with a supporting app and open the link in the browser with the supporting app
3. The Check-In client should now be displayed in your browser window
Chrome Browser Example:
4. If you are going to be checking in from the save device as the server, the server has a link in its navigation that will open a new check-in client directly.
This will open the following Check-In Client:
That's it! You can now start checking in your clients!