- Topics Covered
- Creating account invitation
- Creating account invitation for a new account
- Account invitations with State.gov and ADG Issued accounts
- Target Users
- Service Providers
- Required Permissions
- Service Provider permission
- Special invitation permission for Service Providers
If an Employee is not registered to ADS we are able to invite the Employee with a state.gov or an ADG issued account. This also works for Employees which are members of other Agencies, EFM or Family members. The invitations need to be approved by the ADS System Administrators, and then an email with a link to ADS, the login name and the temporary password will be sent to the Invitee. An accurate primary email address is necessary to make sure that the process works fine. Section 1 shows how it works with a State.gov account and section 2 with the ADG issued account.
We have an update on this: there is a new functionality with doing a bulk import for invitations!
1. How does this work with for an Employee with a State.gov account?
If you have been given the 'Manage Account Invitations' permissions (which is a permission that belongs to the Personnel Permissions) then you can, as a Service Provider, create a User Account for an Employee that will come to your post. This must be part of his/her upcoming assignment providing that you know which position the incumbent will fill at your Post.
1. From the Dashboard selector select Service Provider
2. On the left pane from within the PCS Management section select Account Invitations
3. Click on the New button to start creating a New Account
4 . Create a User Account form consists of two sections, the first one to complete is the Employees Details section. Make sure to complete all of the fields that have a yellow background.
5. The second section to complete is the Active Directory Account. In the example below you will notice that the User Account's Tenant is the State Department Issued Account. Click on the Create button when all of the information has been entered.
6. After hitting the Create button you will be taken back to the Account Invitations form that will list the invitation that was sent to the employee, at the same time an automatic email is sent to the employee in which it mentions that the employee has been registered to the Arrivals & Departures System.
NOTE: If the Account Invitation is for an employee that will need to act as a Service provider then the Post Administrator will need to make sure that this employee is added to the appropriate Service Provider Group!
If the Account Invitation is for an employee that is doing a PCS then make sure to inform the employee that he or she need to update his/her employee profile data as soon as possible.
Example of an automatic email that was generated when an account invitation was created:
Note: The user can now login in the Arrivals & Departures System by clicking on the Employee Dashboard link using his/her state.gov account.
2. How does this work with for an Employee without an ADG issued account?
If the Employee is not in ADS already you can invite the Employee follow the process above to step number 5.
Please click on the drop down and choose "ADG Issued Microsoft Account"
Enter the required information. Please follow our naming convention, which is Firstname(middle initial if there is one).Lastname@departmentofstate.onmicrosoft.com. Please add the middle initial as well to the account name. If you are not sure if the Employee has and ADG issued account set the option in the drop down to "Account does not exist in Azure AD" and click on "check"
The application will show you if the account name is available. If so, just click on "create". The ADS System Admins will receive a notification to approve the invitations.
With the approval by the System Admins, the Employee will receive an email with the link to ADS with the log-in name and the temporary password.
If you get contacted by the Employee, that there is an issue with this account forward that request to the ADG support group: email@example.com