- Topics Covered
- What is Arrival and Departure System
- What are the advantages of using it?
- Target Users
- Mission and Organization Managment
- Service Providers
- Organization Administrators
- Required Permissions
We want to give you a short overview about Arrival and Departure System, aka ADS and give you an idea about the benefits of ADS.
What is Arrival and Departure System
The Arrival & Departure System or ADS, was built to provide a framework for any mission or organization to track and manage their check-in and check-out process, with visibility for the employee, service providers, and mission/organization management.
ADS was approved by the Department of State in 2018 to handle and store SBU and PII data.
ADS provides many advantages such as providing:
- native state.gov authentication which allows for Single Sign-On (SSO) from OpenNet and the Internet
- a highly stable and secure environment hosted on the Microsoft Azure FedRAMP approved cloud
- access for both users regardless of having a state.gov account; meaning this system fully supports usage by any agency staff.
- a single profile for a user that applies to every transfer
- transparency in the process to employees, service providers and mission/organization management
- it is roles based and highly secure with special permission sets
- fillable forms where the employee infomation is automatically pre-populated
- electronic signatures to acknowledge or sign forms and tasks
- multiple reports
- a good sponsor management where tasks can be assigned to Office, Social and Check-Out sponsors
Note: For individuals with OpenNet access please watch our Overview Video.