Housing Board Organizer
Housing Board Member
Conducting YES/NO Voting as a Housing Board Member
After recommendations have been made, the Housing Board Member(s) will conduct Voting. To do this, click Board Review, and select Yes, No, or Abstain. Then, click submit.
Each Housing Board Member is only responsible for his/her individual vote, after submitting his/her vote no further action is required.
Assigning or Rejecting a Recommendation as the Housing Board Organizer
Housing Board Organizers cannot vote. S/he only has the ability to view the number of votes, the names of the Housing Board Members who voted, and assign or reject the recommendation.
Once voting is complete the Housing Board Organizer will take into account all of the YES votes and all of the NO votes.
In order for an Occupant to be assigned to a residence the YES votes must have a majority. If an Occupant is rejected, the NO votes will be the majority.
* The Housing Board Organizer has the ability to Reject a recommendation at anytime, the intention being this function should only be used when the YES votes and NO votes are equal in count or if the majority have Abstained.
What is a Batch?
A Batch is a collection of recommendations submitted to the IAHB for a approval.
- The first Occupant in the list is assigned due to the majority vote of YES with a Justification.
- The Housing Board Organizer will input a Justification, then click continue.
- The next Occupant on the list is rejected due to the majority decision being Abstain.
- The last Occupant on the list is rejected due to majority vote of NO.
NOTE: A Warning Message will appear in situations where the recommendation is rejected due to majority vote NO or majority decision to Abstain.
Once all of the recommendations have been assigned or rejected, the Housing Board Organizer will finalize the batch by clicking Close Batch.