How to Submit a Nomination
Submitting a Nomination
Do you know an LE Staff member that is deserving of an award? Please submit a nomination! Follow the instructions below or view the instructional video.
- To begin, either click on the blue New Nomination button in the center of the screen, or the New Nomination link in the Nominator Area to the left of your screen.
- You will be routed to the New Nomination form. At the top left, you will see your profile information as the nominator. Next, you will choose the Reason and Type of award by clicking on the Click to Select button.
Reason and Type: You can choose one or more Reason for Award, or if an appropriate reason is not listed, select Other and manually enter a reason. You will also choose the Type of Award Recommended for the nomination. Before choosing an award type, please review the criteria description listed to right of the award to ensure the award type fits the accomplishment for which the employee would be nominated. Anytime Awards are given as appropriate at any time during the year. Annual Awards are connected to an awards cycle and presented during the mission’s awards ceremony.
Note: If you have any questions about award types, please talk to your HR Awards Coordinator before submitting the nomination.
Once you have chosen a Reason and Type of award and return to the nomination form, you can save a draft of your nomination. Please be sure to click on Save at the bottom of the screen. If you close the form without saving, it will no longer be available. Successfully saved nominations will appear in the Nominator Area left menu under My Nominations.
- Add Nominee(s): First, click on Add Nominee(s) and you will be taken to a Search Employee box.
Search by name, section, job title, or you may filter by LES, USDH or All.
Select the employee by clicking on the box beside the name. Choose Select to remain on the screen and search for other employees or Select & Close to return to the nomination form.
Nominees and their Section/Post, Job Title, and USDH Supervisor are listed in the Nominees section. If you are nominating someone for a position they previously held, you can update the Job Title by choosing the pencil icon.
- Enter a Justification, you may format this space as you like in addition to having the ability to copy and paste into this section and perform a spell check. Unlimited space is available in this section; however, refer to your mission HR section for guidance or recommendations.
- Enter a Citation, this section has a 500-character limit (words + spaces) to allow the citation to fit into a printed certificate. Please see your HR section for suggestions on how to write a well-written citation.
- Choose Cash or Time-off, as available and appropriate, under Form of Recognition and enter proposed amount. If unsure what might be appropriate, please check with HR.
- Finally, either Save the form for editing later, Save & Submit to send to HR for processing, or Close/Cancel.
Note: Once you Save the nomination, you can add comments to the supervisors or the next approver in the process by selecting the Show History and Comments link on the top of the nomination form.
You have submitted your nomination! At any time, you can view the submitted nomination and check the approval status by selecting My Nominations in the Nominator Area.
You will receive an email notification when a final decision on your nomination has been reached or if further action is required on your part.